Monday, July 20, 2009

Launch

This is the blog that corresponds to the website Toonami: Lost Data. The reason for setting up a separate blog is three-fold:

1.) I can't be bothered to maintain a blog on a free webhost. The security and maintenance issues are too much of a pain. I even chose cmSimple for the content management on Lost Data because it didn't use a database.
2.) I actually want to run feedback via the blog rather than email or web forums.
3.) Search engines don't seem to have the actual Lost Data site ranked highly. You'd think a site offering games so many people have searched for would be easily found. Hopefully, people will actually be able to find these Toonami games now.

Of course, sites such as Blogger don't allow unlimited uploading and file management, thus necessitating the need for a free webhost. Tracking forum discussions is too much work and someone of them have disappeared (such as Toon Zone's Toonami/X Bridge board).

Anyway, initial posts will consist of games already found, while adding whatever else I'm working on. I may also transition into Adult Swim and other Cartoon Network games/web content.

(P.S. Someone should harass Williams Street into giving me the Trapped in Hyperspace game.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been having an issue with playing Dragon Ball Z: Mission To Namek: Whenever I start it, it tells me that it needs Shockwave version 7.02 and redirects me to download Shockwave. Problem is, I do have shockwave, version 11 (the most recent version).

    Funny thing is, I remember a few months ago, some copies of DBZ: Mission To Namek scattered around the internet actually DID work. I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. It's happening to me as well. I'm on 11.5.

    I may have to try downgrading...

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation kicks-in after 30 days for old posts, so don't worry if a message doesn't appear.