Monday, July 20, 2009

Toonami Lockdown

Toonami Lockdown proved the longest and possibly best out of all the TIE games. Select a DOK weight class and weapon, then play through the game collecting armor and items and talking to NPCs. Fans criticized this Total Immersion Event for the lack of activity by TOM and SARA. They only monitor the situation and give commentary. Albeit, the two of them do this very well.

Initially, I was only able to recover the game files themselves from the Internet Archive and none of the associated instructions/images. However, I searched for CartoonNetwork.com domain misspellings and obtained some of these missing files. The result is the Toonami Lockdown Classic Version. The only [minor] files currently missing are two "Level GIFs" (these display the current level) for Levels 2 and 3. I substituted some modified GIFs for those two files, but the fonts don't match well.

Toonami Lockdown @ Toonami: Lost Data


(Click to open in a new window.)

Protip: I always select a Heavy DOK with a medium gun. This maximizes my protection and ability to collect armor while having a moderately powerful gun with decent charge rate.

Protip #2: Each level has a limited number of enemies, so the game is actual easy to complete once you kill them all.

Protip #3: There's also a handy glitch to jump to the final boss near the beginning of Level 4. (Though, the ending screen changes as a result.)



Plus, maps! Most came from the Archive as well, but some Geocities and Tripod websites had them backed up as well.

13 comments:

  1. You, sir, deserve the highest praise. I have been nigh relentlessly looking to play the Toonami Lockdown game since it was taken down on CartoonNetwork.com. I finally found it after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have been looking to play this game again for years now and now I finally can after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so awsome thank you for this i have been searching every now and then for years!! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude This is so legit!!! This is one of the best games i played when I was a wee one. Thanks for going throught all that work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe man, I have been looking for this game for so long, I was so incredibly stoked when i came across this page but when i choose classic version (im using google Chrome btw) it wants me to download lobby.dcr or something and i can view that file cuz it opens it in windows photo gallery, then nothing comes up in the DOK-DEPLOYMENT screen. Help? :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted a link to a 7-zip archive with the Lockdown game in it. It should be on the front page currently.

    Lockdown works when I use Chrome. I assume new 64-bit machines may be giving it problems. Or it may just be the webhost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ur awesum thx dude.did the glitch btw n won.the fire works amazing on the boss btw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sir. This has been one of my favorite games for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whenever I click on it it just brings me to yahoo.com... can anyone help me with this

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why it would redirect to Yahoo. The links still work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. toonami_fan_since_childhoodApril 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

    Hello Alshoff, is there anyway you can re-post the 7zip archive with the game lockdown in it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, a new 7-zip archive should be coming. Since MegaUpload was taken down, it's going to be either HotFile or MediaFire this time around.

    There may be some new things in it (maybe not new to everyone, though).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! After 12 years of searching for this game... Finally!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation kicks-in after 30 days for old posts, so don't worry if a message doesn't appear.