Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Plans: Toonami Reactor

I plan to reconstitute much of the Reactor from the Internet Archive. The original version used embedded RealPlayer streaming. I'll just replace that with the various embedded video sites such as YouTube and Dailymotion. The Internet Archive didn't pickup the Features section, but that isn't a problem.

Some years ago, I used HTTrack to rip the Features section from Toonami Reactor. The articles had seemed important at the time, so I saved them. Combined with the content from the Internet Archive, it should appear 90% complete.

Toonami Mindburn should work fine, but Toonami Meltdown is missing a lot of files. The Dragon Ball Z games will be added as well. The advertisements and trivia won't be present.

The project is in its infancy, but I hope it works out.

4 comments:

  1. This is Nick, webmaster from ToonamiFan.

    Just wanted to thank you for your impressive time and effort investment in preserving these games. Somebody had to - glad someone did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great blog. I loved playing toonami lockdown so I am amazed someone restored it and very happy.

    Do you remember the second version of the IPGX game where you could enter codes and get bonus weapons for each scenario?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The code version probably isn't available for any of the TIE games. I kind of wish it were.

    (I did stumble across the blog of a person who created the IGPX game and he apparently has a executable version, but I doubt he'd just hand it out.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that is a shame. Oh well, its good the game is back :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation kicks-in after 30 days for old posts, so don't worry if a message doesn't appear.